Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Let's Do the Limbo Rock

Every limbo boy and girl
All around the limbo world
Gonna do the limbo rock
All around the limbo clock

Jack be limbo, Jack be quick
Jack go unda limbo stick
All around the limbo clock
Hey, let's do the limbo rock

Limbo lower now
Limbo lower now
How low can you go



Well, here we are in 2012 and we still are waiting.  There is a road block between the mortgage guy we had to go to (outside of NVR) and RH and NVR.  The mortgage guy can have us to settlement on Friday or Monday and NVR says that since he couldn't do it by the end of the year like he tried (but couldn't get done because of the holidays and everyone on vacation) that they will now take the loan back and settle it themselves, but not until the end of January.  As for me, I am tired of the constant tug and pull and just want it all done and finished.  At this point I think NVR should not be able to take it back - it is like they are changing the rules on us at the start of the 4th quarter.  Not cool in my opinion.  At this point we are living out of boxes since we had thought we were going to settlement on Dec. 31st.  I even packed all the non-perishable foods.  I don't want to live like this for another month.

So..... one more song - this one to take my mind off of all this mess and put me in a better mood.


Chasing Cars
original by Snow Patrol, performed by our cruise ship director Graham Seymour on a cruise we took in June 2011 to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a load of nonsense. I told my wife that some lucky people on the blogs were moving into their Rome this past weekend. I'm sorry that didn't happen. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina,
    I don't know how they can "take it back". As a consumer, you have the right to choose who you want your financing to go through. It's also against the law to tie any options to financing with NVR. So stick to your guns, email the President of Ryan if you need, and tell them to stick it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really frustrating and I know how you feel. Our settlement date is next Friday, but we probably won't be closing for another 5-6 weeks (will post about it later).

    Sorry you're in this situation, especially with everything packed up and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we are allowed to go with another lender. If we have to go to another lender due to NVR not being able to finish the loan then we can keep our incentives. But if we choose to go to another lender then we lose the incentives. In this case they were not able to close the loan in a timely manner according to them. They recommended this lender to us. They said we would be able to keep the incentives. Since the new lender didn't get it closed by the end of the year and NVR says they can now close the loan that we need to switch back or we will lose the incentives. Frustrating, but hubby hasn't given up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Under the new rule, which takes effect Jan. 16 (2009), builders no longer will be able to offer home buyers incentives, such as a guaranteed interest rate on a mortgage, for using an affiliated mortgage company."
    http://www.builderonline.com/mortgages-and-banking/new-for-2009-hud-bans-incentives-for-using-affiliated-lenders.aspx
    Based on what you have said, I don't see why you couldn't win out. I would email NVR and Ryan upper management (think VP and up) asking why they are flip flopping their word and why they are trying to break RESPA rules.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh crap, I am so sorry gal! I have been thinking about you and wondering how your closing went. My internet just got hooked back up and so this has been the first time I have been able to check in on you. It sounds like a bunch of junk and I am hate that you are in limbo because of it. I will send up a prayer that you get to close soon!

    ReplyDelete