I think I'm turning blue in the face from holding my breath. Remember, the mortgage company we are dealing with is not NVR. We had to switch, at NVR's recommendation, since they knew they would not be able to settle us until February so that I could get my first paycheck. So, the new underwriter said they would take just an offer letter. I got a step better with a formal acceptance letter. The underwriter says they still need a written VOE (verification of employment). They fax it to my company and they fill it most of the way out. Underwriter says it isn't good enough. My company says that the VOE with the acceptance letter is all they will provide until I start on Monday. Underwriter again says not good enough. We get verbal verification. Again, not good enough. My company won't budge, underwriter won't budge, we are now at a Mexican standoff.
NVR had said that if the outside mortgage company doesn't get us settled today that they would take back the loan and we wouldn't go to settlement till January 31st. Well, I guess they made another exception because they are letting the outside mortgage company try for settlement next week - shooting for Wednesday. So, we are hoping that my company will provide a full and complete VOE on Tuesday and we can settle on Wednesday.
So do I cross my fingers and hold my breath? I guess we will see.